The designated operator of Zimbabwe, Zimbabwe Posts (Pvt) Ltd (Zimpost), would like to inform other Union member countries and their designated operators that the government has now extended the national lockdown by a further 14 days, until 3 May 2020.
specified essential services can be offered by Zimpost during the extended
national lockdown period, namely:
• Delivery services (letter-post, parcel-post and express items);
• Bureau de change services; and
• Money transfer services.
The following measures have also been put in place:
• Post offices are operating on weekdays with a limited workforce and for limited hours;
• Ordinary mail deliveries are taking place three times a week;
• P.O. Box deliveries are made when the post offices are open and the relevant staff available;
• Delivery of e-commerce parcels, food hampers and courier items is taking place daily from Monday to Friday at all offices;
• Mail movement between major centres is limited to three times per week. Delivery of mail to rural routes will take place once or twice a week as necessary.
airlines have yet to resume the conveyance of outbound international mail.
Therefore, Zimpost is still not in a position to guarantee and maintain service
quality for all incoming and outgoing mail (letter-post, parcel-post and EMS
Zimpost thanks all Union member countries and their designated operators for their understanding.