With the global pandemic raging on, experts are predicting that fallout will linger well into 2021 for the shipping industry. Even throughout challenging economic times, e-commerce businesses have been seeing growth due to varying degrees of lockdown efforts across the globe.
Let’s take a look at some of the projections we’re facing and how you can prepare your business for an uncertain year ahead.
Be on the lookout...
- Global Trade Growth of 2.5% - even as we work to combat the effects of COVID-19 on the global economy, growth in the e-commerce industry is expected to continue throughout the coming years.
- Slowing of Container Ocean Shipments - anticipate slow turnaround times as the industry struggles to catch up to a spike in demand.
- Fluid Pricing on Air Freight - constantly changing regulations has meant day-to-day changes in pricing on air freight shipments — a trend that’s expected to carry over into 2021.
- USPS Interruptions or Dissolution - the future of the United States Postal Service is uncertain as the government fights over funding.
- Changing Government Regulations - rules and regulations will shift quickly as efforts are made to stop the spread of the virus.
- Know the Regulations - seek out clarity on the federal and local levels. Reach out to local Chambers of Commerce for advice on best practices.
- Team Up with a Strategic Shipping Provider - use the expertise of a shipping partner like Asendia USA to your advantage — they’ll know what services are available and what your best options are.
- Be Flexible - simplify your production and distribution and work with a shipping partner that can pivot quickly as the situation evolves.
Looking for an e-commerce shipping expert to help you prepare for these challenges? Contact Asendia USA today!